Photographic process

Chromogenic Prints vs Pigment Prints

Chromogenic Prints vs Pigment Prints

Different paper, different printers

I spent quite a long time to understand which were the best paper and process for my photographic works.

Actually, I’m used to print on different types of papers, Chromogenic Paper and Pigment Paper. The choice depends mostly on the final result I’m seeking for my images.

Chronologic prints are the result of printing a digital file on a continuous tone printer (Lambda Durst Printer) that uses chromogenic (silver based) paper, while Pigment prints (also known as giclees) are produced with professional inkjet printers.

Read More